Most of the true HEPA air purifiers in the market comes with replaceable filters, you need to change every year and sometime even sooner. However, there are air purifiers that use washable filters where you don’t need to replace filters. Here, I will help you buy the best air purifier with washable filter.
Homes, offices, and other enclosed spaces where we spend most of our time may trap contaminated air due to mold, aging asbestos, cigarette smoke, cooking by-products, newly-installed carpets, upholstery, etc.
Surprisingly, indoor air is five times more polluted than outdoor air, and since two-third of our time is spent indoors, we are exposed to these contaminants pollutants and irritants such as allergens, bacterias, molds, etc.
For an affordable as well as reliable cleaner, buy an air purifier with a washable filter. It is a one-time investment for healthier living and you don’t have to spend on replacement filters frequently.
Top 3 Selling Best Air Purifier With Washable Filter
1. Medify Air Purifier H13 filter HEPA With Washable Filter
2. Hamilton Beach Air Purifier With Washable Filter
3. Honeywell AirGenius Air Purifier With Washable Filter
Table Of Content:
- Are washable air filters good?
- The Benefits Of Reusable Filters
- Top 7 Best Air Purifier With Washable Filter
- Tips in Cleaning Washable Air Purifiers
- Air Purifier Washable Filter Cleaning Process Video
- FAQ (People Also Ask)
Are washable air filters good?
Air purifiers with washable air filters are able to filter some of the dust and debris from the air in your home, but they won’t be as good at catching smaller particles. Therefore, if you are not concerned about fine particles or your place is not highly polluted with fine dust particles then you can use an air purifier with washable filters. Otherwise, go for replacement filter air purifiers for better air purification.
The Benefits Of Reusable Filters
- They capture and filter everything that disposable filters do — dust, pollen, allergens, mold spores, smoke from tobacco and cooking, pet dander, etc.
- You will never have to spend on replaceable filters.
- Maintenance is straight forward — dust off, rinse, and reuse and repeat as and when necessary.
- You can even buy different air purifiers for smoke, allergies, mold, and pet dander.
Criteria for selecting these air purifiers with washable filter?
- Filtration system
- Coverage area.
- Noise level.
- Built quality.
Top 7 Best Air Purifier With Washable Filter
After going through each and every air purifier performance and customer reviews on all major online websites, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. we have shortlisted these top 10 best air purifiers with a washable filter for you.
1. Medify MA-14-B1 Air Purifier with Washable Filter
This is a perfect purchase if you are looking for an air purifier with a washable filter from Medify that suited for medium to large rooms. Its helpful in capturing 99% of airborne pollutants from allergens to mold spores because of H13 Filters (higher rated than True HEPA) 99.9% particle removal.
This air purifier’s also quiet as it has advanced filters that allow for a higher airflow at a lower noise level.
- It comes with 3 Fans Speeds & Night light.
- Sleep mode for auto turn off timer.
- Filter replacement indicator.
- It has a CADR of 120,
- Pre-filter, HEPA H13 filter
- Comes with a Lifetime warranty on manufacturer defects.
- No 3 stage filtration.
2. Hamilton Beach Air Purifier With Washable Filter
This is the best economical air filter system for home if you want an air purifier with washable filter that is Ultra Quiet then the Hamilton Beach TrueAir air purifier is for you. We believe this is the best quiet air purifier with a washable filter you can buy.
This air purifier comes with washable and permanent filters therefore no need to spend extra money on filter replacements every 3-6 months. This air purifier easily captures 99% of pet dander, dust, dust mites, pollen, and mold/mildew spores as small as 3 microns from the air.
However, you need to rinse and dry the filter every month. Plus, there is a filter check light in case you forget to clean the filters on time. You don’t need to rinse or wash always if you have a vacuum to keep filters clean for longer without rinsing them.
- Ultra Quiet, 3 Speed Operation
- Great for small to medium rooms
- This is a versatile air care that fits anywhere.
- Coverage area 160 square foot
- 3 speeds: high, medium, and low.
- It can work horizontally or vertically.
3. Honeywell AirGenius Air Purifier With Washable Filter
Honeywell is known for having some fantastic air purifiers, and this is no exception. It’s one of the most advanced air purifiers with washable filter. It’s got two pre-filters along with a washable foam pre-filter, and another pre-filter that helps in reducing odor. All of these filters capture larger particles from entering the main filter.
Moreover, this air purifier features QuietClean technology to effectively remove up to 99.9% of airborne particles. On top of that, there’s also a total of five air cleaning settings – including a sleep setting for quiet operation. It comes with smart touch controls that are easy to use as well as suitable for larger rooms and has an extremely quiet operation. There’s an automatic shut off timer from 2hra to 12 hrs with this air purifier.
- The coverage area is 250 sq. ft.
- Circulate air up to 5 times an hour.
- Five-speed mode settings and night light.
- Six automatic shut off timers and touch screen controls.
- 5-year warranty.
- Expensive than other listed air purifiers.
4. Hathaspace Smart Air Purifier With Washable Filter
If you want an air purifier with washable filters that can clean large to extra large room then this air purifier from Hathaspace is for you. This is undoubtedly the best air purifier with washable filter. It comes with a 5-in-1 filter system targets pollen, dust mites, pet dander, mold, bacteria, VOCs, smoke, & odors.
Additionally, it comes with a sleek touch-screen display panel reveals your official EPA Air Quality Index score, while a light on the front panel changes color depending on your air quality.
Moreover, this air purifier is Energy Star certified and is fully compliant with the electrical safety and ozone requirements specified by CARB and ETL. It is almost 60% more energy efficient than standard air purifiers, saving you a lot of money on utility bills every year.
Cleaning the filters on the Hathaspace is also convenient, you can vacuum the pre-filter mesh or put it under clean water if deep cleaning is required.
- It comes with a 5-in-1 filter system
- It has the largest coverage of 1500+ sq ft.
- AUTO mode adjusts the fan speed based on your surrounding air.
- Touch-screen display official EPA Air Quality Index score of your air quality.
- It comes with a worry-free 5-year warranty.
- Replaces 100% of the air in a 1500 sq ft space every hour.
- Energy Star certified.
5. VEVA ProHEPA Air Purifier With Washable Filter
This VEVA ProHEPA 9000 air purifier that does the job with unique features like 600+ sq. ft. cleaning capacity, 4-in-1 technology, 100% ozone free, etc. It’ll effectively reduce smoke, mold, bacteria, allergens, pet dander, and chemical gases from the air in your room, and it is an air purifier with washable filter. This particular air purifier is also great for purifying large-sized rooms as well as 3 speed-fan settings, and you can select whichever setting best suits your needs.
This air purifier can run extra quiet to ultra turbo, to effectively clean a room, reduce airborne germs and bacteria while reducing fumes and chemicals. It is a compact air purifier with washable filter for it powerful clening capacity. However, you’ll need to clean the filter once in a month but may require more frequent if your place is highly polluted.
- Medical grade H13 filter.
- Advanced 4-in-1 technology.
- 100% ozone free: does not use UV lights or Ions.
- Innovative and nice design perfect for any corners.
- 2-year warranty
6. RENPHO H13 HEPA Air Purifier With Washable Filter
If you’re looking for an air purifier with a sleek and modern design that’ll effectively clean the air around from medium to large room, this air purifier from RENPHO is a great purchase. It’ll effectively capture dust, pollen, smoke, mold spores, pet dander, household odors, and more. It’s also got a high CADR (clean air delivery rating) and it has a smart auto mode plus air quality light indicator.
Not only does this air filter have a five-stage air cleaning system, it also has a washable filter along with a 99.97% H13 HEPA filter. It has three fan speeds from quiet mode to turbo for ultimate performance as well as 3 timers 2hrs, 4hrs, and 8hrs.
- Child lock mode for children or pets.
- 3-speed fan fan speed (low, medium, and high)
- 3- timer settings(2, 4, 8hrs).
- Ultra-quiet operations.
- CARB 65 certified.
- Coverage area is 330 square feet.
- 100% ozone free, ideal children and asthma sufferers.
- Auto mode senses the air quality and purify.
7. Blueair Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier With Washable Filter
For an air purifier that’s suited for small rooms, this is the perfect purchase. It helps in capturing 99% of common airborne pollutants such as pollen, pet dander, bacteria, mold, viruses, and dust from your indoor environment. Feel free to personalize your air filter with any one of the colorful pre-filters that are included with your purchase.
This air purifier’s also quiet as it has advanced filters that allow for a higher airflow at a lower noise level. This is the filter processes more air while running at lower fan speeds – so there’s cleaner air produced with minimal noise.
- Low noise and energy consumption.
- ENERGY STAR rated.
- Clean the air in a 161 sq. ft. room.
- Three-stage filtration process.
- Nice compact round, tall shape.
- Sits on equally well on floor, table, or desk.
- 2-year warranty: registration through Blueair.
- Suitable for small rooms.
Tips in Cleaning Washable Air Purifiers
- Remove the power cord from the socket.
- Pull out the filters from the air purifier.
- Check the type of filters: wash or vacuum.
- Washable filter: Use warm water with soap to clean and then wipe it off with a dry cloth. Keep the cleaned filter aside to completely dry itself before inserting it back in the air purifier. Never insert a wet filter, it won’t function efficiently as well as it may lead to mold spores.
- Permanent filter: Use a vacuum to remove the dust particulates. It would be good to use the brush attachment that comes with the vacuum.
- Thoroughly wipe down the air purifier — air vents, outlets, grills, etc.
Air Purifier Washable Filter Cleaning Process Video
On average, 1.6 million people die yearly due to bad indoor air quality. Therefore, investing in a good quality air purifier is not a bad idea at all. Also, it ensures a better as well as a healthier life. Moreover, these air purifier with washable filter cleans the air effectively without making a hole in your pocket.
If you need my recommendation, then go for Winix 5500-2 air purifier with a permanent washable filter. Your body will be glad to get the fresh air to breathe, especially your lungs and brain.
FAQ (People Also Ask)
How long should I run Air Purifiers with Washable Filters?
You need to verify with the vendor because it depends on the model, coverage area, and CADR, etc. of an air purifier. However, you need to clean air purifier with washable filter at least once in a month.
When should I replace the Washable Filter on my Air Purifier?
For an air purifier with washable HEPA filter, replace it after 12 to 18 months, and for permanent filters, use them until you will know your air purifier is not cleaning the air.
How often do I need to clean the filters for my Air Purifier?
It is recommended to clean the filters once in thirty days at least to make sure your air purifier works to their full potential.
Can I change the washable filters with disposable ones?
It depends on the manufacturing brand as well as the model of your air purifier with a permanent washable filter. Although, you will have a choice mostly.
How do I know which size Air Purifier to get?
Measure the area in sq feet that you want to clean, and then buy an air purifier that has enough air purifying power to clean the space. You can find the details on the product description, about the coverage area of an air purifier.
Will buying Air Purifiers with washable filters save me money?
Replacement filters cost can range from $20 to $200 a year, but with the best air purifier with a washable filter, there is no such cost to spend on filter replacements.